This post serves as a general area for asking course related questions for the next two weeks. Use the commenting feature to add a question, or to add an answer.
Dr. M - re: Bibliographic post - I am just checking for understanding. Did you want us to post a brief blog introducing the materials we have chosen and how they are organized on the site and then we send you the PDFs. You'll then take care of posting them on the course blog? Sorry for the duh question.
Yes. I assume you mean the Bibliography of 25+ articles.
Once you have given me the bibliography (PDF please) plus the original articles in a folder, then I will add a link at the bottom of your post that allows others to download you folder with bibliography + articles.
I can't seem to find how to enter the group blog. I can read them, just can't access it. Can you refer me to instructions or a link? Raylene kindly posted my Review 1 first attempt and I hope to edit it and replace it with a better one.
By the way, I did watch the movie, perhaps I just need to have sent to me an invitation to join the problem solving group so it comes up on my dashboard?
Sharon: I just checked and you are indeed an official member of the Problem Solving group. So there's no need for an invite. If you've watched the movie and you can get to the Dashboard area, then I don't have anything more I can recommend unless I can see exactly what's going on with your computer.
Make sure to use this address: http://www.blogger.com
You probably will need to sign in using your account ID and password. Once you've done that you should be taken to a page called Dashboard and have a listing of which blogs you want to manage.
Let me know what happens when you go to the above address.
If worse comes to worse, there will be plenty of time at our next class for you to post your new materials and to get help doing so. But, of course, you'll want the actual writing done ahead of time.
Mathew, I posted a comment to the e-seminar last night about 5p. Using Google (Blogger). It didn't post. Today I posted the same comment about 2:30pm. It is coming up with only my name. Can you please give me some direction in this? I have had success in the past and am not sure what is going on. Monica
Another couple bibliography questions: Do you want a specific naming convention for the bibliography -- I only saw you mention the specific naming conventions for the audio types of files (wherein the prefix of the group is first, followed by the audio chapter, etc.).
I ask since we have articles named by author, year and then subject which would be placed in a folder showing our group name.
Would it be best to rename them to show the subject areas we have within the bibliography or even by the person whose articles they are as part of the naming convention?
All the articles can be in a folder. Simply name each article by author and year. The folder should be named by group: e.g. PS_Bibliography. Zip that folder and upload to me.
If you have grouped articles in your bibliography, then create a folder for each group inside your PS_Bibliography folder and put the appropriate articles into each sub folder.
Format question. The bibliography .pdf "page" that you want, in terms of format, should it be in APA (Italics for journal titles, etc.) or modified "Web" APA with Bold for journal titles, etc.
Thanks in advance for all your help. I found that I have learned alot on the technology end. :-)
12 comments:
Dr. M - re: Bibliographic post - I am just checking for understanding. Did you want us to post a brief blog introducing the materials we have chosen and how they are organized on the site and then we send you the PDFs. You'll then take care of posting them on the course blog? Sorry for the duh question.
Yes. I assume you mean the Bibliography of 25+ articles.
Once you have given me the bibliography (PDF please) plus the original articles in a folder, then I will add a link at the bottom of your post that allows others to download you folder with bibliography + articles.
The post itself only needs to be 1-2 paragraphs.
I can't seem to find how to enter the group blog. I can read them, just can't access it. Can you refer me to instructions or a link? Raylene kindly posted my Review 1 first attempt and I hope to edit it and replace it with a better one.
By the way, I did watch the movie, perhaps I just need to have sent to me an invitation to join the problem solving group so it comes up on my dashboard?
Sharon: I just checked and you are indeed an official member of the Problem Solving group. So there's no need for an invite. If you've watched the movie and you can get to the Dashboard area, then I don't have anything more I can recommend unless I can see exactly what's going on with your computer.
Make sure to use this address:
http://www.blogger.com
You probably will need to sign in using your account ID and password. Once you've done that you should be taken to a page called Dashboard and have a listing of which blogs you want to manage.
Let me know what happens when you go to the above address.
If worse comes to worse, there will be plenty of time at our next class for you to post your new materials and to get help doing so. But, of course, you'll want the actual writing done ahead of time.
Mathew,
I posted a comment to the e-seminar last night about 5p. Using Google (Blogger). It didn't post. Today I posted the same comment about 2:30pm. It is coming up with only my name.
Can you please give me some direction in this? I have had success in the past and am not sure what is going on.
Monica
Disregard.....
cognitive overload has obviously kicked in.
all is well.
monica
Another couple bibliography questions: Do you want a specific naming convention for the bibliography -- I only saw you mention the specific naming conventions for the audio types of files (wherein the prefix of the group is first, followed by the audio chapter, etc.).
I ask since we have articles named by author, year and then subject which would be placed in a folder showing our group name.
Would it be best to rename them to show the subject areas we have within the bibliography or even by the person whose articles they are as part of the naming convention?
All the articles can be in a folder. Simply name each article by author and year. The folder should be named by group: e.g. PS_Bibliography. Zip that folder and upload to me.
If you have grouped articles in your bibliography, then create a folder for each group inside your PS_Bibliography folder and put the appropriate articles into each sub folder.
I hope this helps.
Format question.
The bibliography .pdf "page" that you want, in terms of format, should it be in APA (Italics for journal titles, etc.) or modified "Web" APA with Bold for journal titles, etc.
Thanks in advance for all your help. I found that I have learned alot on the technology end.
:-)
Monica: for the paper version use the regular APA style.
The "modified" style is only for easy reading on the web. Presumably your paper PDF version will be printed out, so use "regular" style.
Post a Comment