I am Sharon Marts and am lucky to shorten my first initial+last name to be "smarts" which often ends up as my user name. I am now navigating my way through graduate school, motherhood and hopefully toward an exciting long term career direction – every moment of which I intend to enjoy after being very disillusioned from years in the corporate world where I was an internal consultant and trainer.
Professional Life
I am currently on a purposeful career hiatus as I am pursuing what Mr. Roger’s calls “Guided Drift” (someone loaned me his book last year). I have long resolved to start a business of my own, but in 2008 I started a non-profit consultancy but I only had clients who were unable to pay but were very appreciative. So in 2009 I’ve adjusted to a path involving the development of an educational product and the idea is beginning to take shape in my mind as I wait out the bad economy for paid work.
Why a Doctorate
It just seems the perfect place for me to tailor-make a career for myself that combines passing on the love of learning to others.
Potential Project Topics
My interests include developing “Smart” educational products for use by parents/kids. I aim to have my educational activities for elementary kids/parents to take place during play so that the learning is disguised in fun. Key concepts I am intending to explore are problem solving, self-efficacy, and other areas.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment